- 1 box Enjoy Life Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1/2 C brown rice flour
- 1/4 C tapioca flour/starch
- 1/3 C firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 C and 1 tbsp Spectrum organic shortening
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- 3/4 C Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- 10-inch cast iron skillet (or an 8- to 9-inch cake pan)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
In a food processor, process Snickerdoodle cookies into fine crumbs. Mix in brown rice flour, tapioca flour/starch and brown sugar. With a fork, cut in shortening until it forms pea-sized crumbs. Add vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet (8- or 9-inch cake pan). Spread the dough into the pan, pressing down lightly. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips, if desired. Serve warm, either alone or with your favorite rice milk ice cream.
Yield: 6-8 servings
*For an even gooier dessert, double the recipe and increase the baking time to 25-30 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.