Rose Frosted Brownies
Use Enjoy Life Foods gluten-free Brownie Mix to create whimsical, dairy-free Rose Frosted Brownies and share them with everyone - even your vegan friends!
Rose Frosting Ingredients:
- 6 T. butter flavored shortening
- 2 ½ C. sifted powdered sugar
- 1 t. rose water
- 2 T. rice milk
- Dried rose petals for decoration*
- Prepare brownies according to box instructions with the ¾ C. water and the 2 T. oil. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- While brownies are cooling prepare the rose frosting. Put the shortening in a medium sized bowl and whip with a hand mixer. Slowly add the sifted powdered sugar and mix until incorporated. Add the rose water and rice milk and continue mixing until you have a nice, fluffy frosting.
- Once brownies are completely cool, spread frosting over the top. Garnish with dried rose petals, if desired.
*Be sure to have food grade dried rose petals, florist roses aren’t edible!