Rockin’ Raspberry Truffles
Looking for an easy, gluten-free on-the-go snack or dessert? We've got you covered (in dairy-free chocolate)!
- 12 oz unsweetened frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- Bring raspberries and sugar to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Place cooked mixture into a blender and blend one minute. Strain to remove seeds.
- Mix the raspberry puree, 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp shortening in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 (10 oz) bag Enjoy Life Foods chocolate mini chips and stir until smooth.
- Put truffle mixture in a bowl and cool to room temperature. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon or melon baller, scoop the mixture into balls and place on baking sheet. If needed, chill in refrigerator to refirm.
- To make the chocolate coating, combine 1 (10 oz) bag Enjoy Life Foods chocolate mini chips and shortening in a microwaveable container. Cook 30 seconds, stir. Continue until all the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, dip the truffles (one at a time) into the melted chocolate, tapping the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove excess. Place on parchment lined sheet and allow to harden. Once hardened, indulge and enjoy.**
*TIP Dairy-free option: use 1 tbsp EarthBalance margarine (contains soy) or Spectrum shortening in place of butter.
**TIP Add an extra special touch by rolling your truffles in cocoa powder. Sift a thick layer of cocoa powder in a shallow dish and roll truffles until coated.