Makes 16 bars
- 1 C. seedless raspberry jam
- 1 ½ C. fresh raspberries
- 8 T. vegan shortening, diced
- ¾ C. brown sugar
- 2 C. gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 1 t. guar gum
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground cardamom
- ¼ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. baking soda
- ¼ C. rice milk
- ¼ C. toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ C. hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease and then line a glass 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, warm the raspberry jam. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh raspberries. Set aside.
- Use a food processor to make the crust, adding the vegan shortening, brown sugar, All-Purpose Flour Mix, guar gum, ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, baking powder and baking soda. Pulse until combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle in the rice milk and pulse until the mixture has come together.
- Press half the mixture into the bottom of the prepared glass baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- While bottom crust is baking, add the pumpkin seeds and hemp seed to the remaining crust mixture and pulse until combined.
- Allow the bottom crust to cool for 10 minutes and then pour the raspberry mixture over.
- Sprinkle the prepared topping over the raspberry layer.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes until topping is golden brown and raspberry layer is set.
- Cool for an hour before slicing into bars.