Pumpkin Pie Bars
We've got your next gluten-free and dairy-free Thanksgiving treat planned.
(Makes one 9x9 pan)
- 1 box Enjoy Life Crunchy Sugar Crisp Cookies
- ¼ t ground cinnamon
- ¼ C confectioners sugar, sifted
- 4 T sunflower oil
- 2 C pumpkin puree
- ¾ C maple syrup
- 1 ½ C water
- ¼ C + 3 T potato starch
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground ginger
- ¼ t ground allspice
** This recipe was developed for Enjoy Life Foods by Kendra Peterson, chef/owner of Drizzle Kitchen. To read her blog or find more of her delicious recipes, please visit her blog - Urban Tarte.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a glass 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- To prepare crust, place the Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Sugar Crisp Cookies and ground cinnamon in a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Pour into a bowl and mix in the confectioners sugar. Then drizzle in the sunflower oil and mix with a fork, until everything is coated with the oil and mixed together. Press into the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 24 minutes at 350. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the pumpkin filling ingredients in a medium saucepan until combined. Place over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens. Pour over prepared cookie crust, spreading with a spatula until smooth. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven, cool at least 2 hours. Cut into squares and top each with a spoonful of the Enjoy Life Foods Cinnamon Crunch Granola.