Makes 4 servings
- 2 C. Enjoy Life Foods Margherita Pizza Plentils®
- 2 T. dried oregano
- 4 large zucchinis
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 8 sundried tomatoes, soaked in hot water then drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ lb. ground turkey thigh
- ¼ C. premade pizza sauce + another ¼ C. for topping the boats
- 1 T. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°, line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour the Plentils and oregano into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until you have fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Slice off the top 1/3 of the zucchini, going lengthwise to create the “boat”. Dice the top of the zucchini and, using a small spoon, carve out the larger side to create the hollow of the “boat.” Set boats aside.
- Preheat a medium pan; olive oil, onion and the diced zucchini tops. Sauté gently until onion is translucent and then add the chopped sundried tomatoes and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes, and then pour into a large bowl. Add a good pinch of sea salt, the ground turkey thigh, ½ c. of the ground Plentils mixture and ¼ C. of the pizza sauce.
- Using a spoon, pack each hollow of the zucchini boats full of the turkey-Plentils mixture. Top with the remaining ¼ C. pizza sauce and a light drizzle of olive oil.
- Place on the parchment lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked through (instant read inserted into the turkey mixture lengthwise should read 170°.)