Makes 4 cakes INGREDIENTS
- 1 C. Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- 2 T. shortening
- 2 T. dairy-free milk
- 1 t. peppermint oil
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Brownie Mix
- 2 T. oil
- ¾ C. water
- Begin making the ganache by slowly melting the chocolate chips with the shortening, dairy-free milk and peppermint oil. You can either add these ingredients to a small bowl set over a pan of simmering water OR melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring until melted. Pour peppermint ganache into a shallow bowl and put in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to set.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out 4-1” balls from the ganache. Place these on a plate and set in the freezer. Set the rest of the ganache aside for later use.
- Lightly oil 4 ramekins (they should be about ¾ C. ramekins) and preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package. Fill each ramekin about 1/3 of the way with brownie mix then drop one of the frozen peppermint ganache balls in the center. Cover each ball in the ramekins with the remaining brownie mix.