Do you love pastries but can’t find an allergy-friendly recipe? Check out this simple, no-roll pastry crust recipe made with Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour.
Makes 1 pastry crust
- 1 1/2 C. gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 2 t. granulated sugar
- 1 t. xanthan gum
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/3 C. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend olive or grapeseed oil), plus more for oiling the dish
- 1 to 2 T. ice water
- 1 t. cider vinegar
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- Lightly coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish with allergy-friendly oil. Combine the All-Purpose Flour, sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil, 1 tablespoon water, cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. Drizzle the mixture over the flour mixture, stirring with a fork until the dough is evenly moistened, adding the additional tablespoon of water if needed. The dough should be clumpy and stick together, but not sticky or wet.
- Transfer the dough into the prepared pie dish and pat it across the bottom of the pan and up the sides, crimping the edges. Poke the bottom of the crust with a fork about 20 times. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Gently press a piece of aluminum foil onto the unbaked pastry. Fill with dried rice, dried beans, or pie weights. Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes. Remove the weights and the foil. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. If the crust has puffed up in any areas, gently press it down with a spatula.
- Use crust as desired.
Make Brownie Pie using this No Roll-Pastry Crust recipe featured in the photo above!