16 medium or 25 small servings
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- To make the crust: mix the Sugar Crisp Cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Remove 1/2 cup of the cookie crumbs, set aside. Add the buttery spread and process until the crumbs stick together.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan, pressing firmly into the bottom. Place in the freezer while making the filling.
- To make the filling, combine the buttery spread, milk, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract. Beat until well-combined, adding the confectioners’ sugar little by little until mixed and fluffy.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and spread the filling over the prepared crust. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- To make the topping: in a bowl add 1 cup of the Dark Chocolate Morsels and the buttery spread. Put the remaining Dark Chocolate Morsels in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat in 10 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in the peppermint extract. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the 1/2 cup of cookie crumbs that were set aside. Mix well. Crumble the mixture onto the lined cutting board/plate. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Put the remaining chocolate mixture in the microwave. Microwave on high for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat in 10 second intervals until melted and smooth. Remove the crust/filling from the freezer. Spread the melted mixture onto the filling.
- Remove the chocolate peppermint crumbs from the freezer. Use a sharp knife to coarsely chop. Sprinkle the mixture over the topping. Let stand until firm, about 20 minutes. You can also refrigerate or freeze the pan to speed the process.
- Once firm, use the foil overhang to help you lift the squares from the pan, the slice into portions. You can also slice and serve directly from the pan.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and any other leftovers to the freezer.