Makes 30 mini muffins
- 1/2 C. + 2 T. cold water
- 1/2 C. + 2 T. kale puree (2 C. fresh packed kale, steamed, and pureed, see note below directions)
- 1 T. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend olive or grapeseed oil)
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a mini muffin tin with liners or oil well.
- Add the Muffin Mix and Mini Chips in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add the water, kale puree, oil, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Mix to combine. Pour the kale mixture into the Muffin Mix mixture, mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared pan, filling each muffin tin about half full.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown on the edges and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer each one to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, moving any others to the freezer for up to 3 months.
Note: The kale puree should be about the texture of store bought applesauce: smooth, thick, but not a paste.