Recipe and photo by Keeley McGuire
“Brunch for Lunch” is a family favorite in my house. It’s a nice change-up from sandwiches and traditional lunch fare. I like to have the items ready by pre-baking pancakes with different mix-ins and freezing them so they’re ready to go when I need them for lunch (or a quick morning breakfast)! By baking them, I can make them into fun shapes like mini muffins or a traditional round pancake shape (depending on the pans you have at your disposal), and make them in large batches in a short amount of time rather than standing over a hot stove top for half a day trying to get them all completed.
Makes approximately 30 mini pancake muffins.
- 1 1/2 C. of Enjoy Life Foods Pancake + Waffle Mix
- 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t. vanilla
- 2 T. + 1 t. of oil
- 1 C. of water (note: this is less water than the box calls for)
- Optional: Desired amount of mix-ins like blueberries or Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325° and spray pan cavities with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients – the Pancake + Waffle Mix & cinnamon. Blend together.
- Add the vanilla, oil, and water then mix until smooth.
- Optional: Add desired mix-in ingredients and blend into the batter.
- Fill mini muffin tin cavities about 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool in the pan.
- To FREEZE for later use: Flash freeze the pancakes by spreading them evenly apart on a lined baking sheet and placing it in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Place pancakes in single serving portions in freezer bags and return to the freezer for use up to 1 month later.
- To REHEAT: Remove from the freezer and reheat by warming them on a microwave safe dish for approximately 1 minute.