Zest up your tastebuds with our delicious, dairy-free lemon-pucker pie made with our gluten-free Snickerdoodle Soft Baked Cookies.
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Snickerdoodle Cookies, crumbled into small pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. dairy-free butter or Spectrum shortening
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1- .25 oz pkg. unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1- 12 oz package SILKEN FIRM Tofu
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1- 10 oz container frozen Cool Whip (contains casein)*
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- Mix together crumbled cookies, brown rice flour and tapioca flour.
- With a fork, cut in butter until mixed.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate. Press crumbs into bottom and sides. Bake for 12 minutes to set the crust.
- Combine gelatin, sugar, lemon juice and water in a medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until dissolved, scraping sides if needed. Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes.
- With a food processor, blender, or hand mixer, beat tofu for 1 minute or until almost smooth.
- Blend in gelatin mixture. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Mixture will thicken.
- Break frozen whipped topping into pieces and add to the gelatin/tofu mixture. Process until smooth. Add lemon zest if desired.
- Spoon filling into the baked crust. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Enjoy! Store any remaining pie in a refrigerator.
*TIP Replace Cool Whip with Tru Whip , an all natural whipped topping with no hydrogenated oils (contains casein and soy).