Makes 8 scones
- 2 c. gluten free flour blend
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 2 t. lemon zest
- 1 T. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- ¾ t. salt
- 6 T. cold vegan margarine, diced
- ¾ c. dairy free milk
- ¼ c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ c. dried blueberries
- 1 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 t. grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Crumble the Chewy Bars with your fingers into a bowl. Add the flour blend, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add the diced cold margarine into the flour mixture and using a pastry blender or the back of a fork mix the margarine in until it resembles wet sand.
- Mix together the dairy free milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Drizzle into the flour-margarine mixture and mix together until blended. Stir in the dried blueberries.
- Scoop onto the parchment lined baking sheet and pat into a 7-8” round circle. Use the tip of a knife to score 8 triangular scones into the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely. Mix together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the top. Sprinkle with additional dried blueberries, if desired.