6 cookie sandwiches
- 6 large allergy-friendly marshmallows
- 1 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 t. confectioners’ sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 T. oil
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Line a second baking sheet with additional foil, parchment paper, or waxed paper. Turn on the broiler.
- Use a bottom of a cup, rolling pin, or any flat object to flatten each Double Chocolate Brownie Soft Baked Cookie to about 1/2-inch thick. Put half of the cookies on the aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, bottom-side-up.
- Put one marshmallow onto each cookie on the baking sheet.
- Put the cocoa powder, confectioners’ sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Transfer the pan to the top rack closest to the broiler. Let broil for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the marshmallows begin to brown and caramelize. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle each one with the sugar mixture.
- Immediately top each of the cookies on the pan with the remaining cookies. Sandwich each one together, pressing down slightly. Let stand for about 5 minutes, until cool enough to handle.
- Once slightly cooled, roll the sides of the cookie sandwich in the remaining cocoa/sugar mixture. Put the sandwiches onto the second baking sheet.
- Make the chocolate coating by putting the Mini Chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat in 10 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate mixture over each sandwich. They will firm at room temperature, but you can refrigerate or freeze them to speed the process.
- Serve at room temperature, storing leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and any other leftovers to the freezer.
- Note: Instead of waiting for them to set, forgo the drizzle process and either dip in homemade hot cocoa or dip in the melted chocolate and enjoy fondue-style!