- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 1/4 C water
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 C flax meal
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 C Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice flour
- 1/2 C sorghum flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 C certified gluten-free rolled oats, quinoa, or rice flakes
- 1 C Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips (or sulfite free raisins)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- With a mixer or by hand, cream together the brown sugar, oil, water, applesauce, flax, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the oats and chocolate chips, and mix until dough is well combined. Add the oats and mix again until all ingredients are combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small ice cream/cookie scoop or drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto the baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned and semi-soft to the touch in the middle. Let cookies sit for a few minutes before removing from baking sheet. Remove from baking sheet to a flat surface (like a large plate) or wire rack to cool completely before enjoying.
Yield: About 3 dozen chippers.