Makes 8 pizza pockets
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Pizza Crust Mix
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 ¼ C. water
- 2 t. salt
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ¼ C. gluten free, all-purpose flour, for rolling
- additional oil for brushing the crust
- 1 C. packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 T. nutritional yeast
- ½ t. sea salt
- ¼ C. toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- ¼ C. oil
- 3 C. of your favorite vegetables, steamed or sautéed
- prepared pesto (from above recipe)
- Preheat oven to 425˚F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare the pizza crust by mixing the Pizza Crust Mix, olive oil, water, salt, dried oregano and garlic powder in a large bowl. Mix with a spoon until combined then use your hands to knead into a large ball. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each into a ball. Place back into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Prepare the pesto sauce by adding the basil, nutritional yeast, sea salt, pumpkin seeds, garlic and olive oil to the bowl of a small food processor. Pulse for about 30 seconds-1 minute until your pesto comes together.
- Mix together the pesto and your steamed or sautéed vegetables and set aside.
- Now roll out your pizza pockets. Take a ball of dough and cover the bowl back up to keep the rest of the dough fresh. Dust a clean surface with some of the All-Purpose Flour Mix. Roll dough into a circle about 6-7 inches in diameter.
- Spoon some of the vegetable-pesto filling onto the front half of the circle, leaving about 1 inch around the outside so you can press the dough together.
- Drizzle a little olive oil around the outside edge of the dough.
- Bring the top half of the dough towards you to cover the filling and press seams together. Roll them slightly under to help them stay closed.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil. Continue this process until you have rolled out and filled all the dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce to dip!