Makes 8 servings
- ½ yellow onion
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ C. finely ground Enjoy Life Foods Dill & Sour Cream Plentils®
- ½ t. sea salt
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. cumin
- 3 T. chopped fresh dill
- ½ lemon, zested
- ½ lb. ground turkey thigh
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line 2 rimmed sheet trays with parchment paper.
- Cut the ½ yellow onion and peeled carrot into a few large chunks. Place in the bowl of a food processor along with the clove of garlic. Pulse until finely chopped. Sauté lightly in a nonstick pan with 1 T. sunflower oil until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Pour into glass bowl.
- In the same bowl of the food processor, add the ½ C. Plentils, sea salt, garlic powder, cumin, chopped fresh dill and zest from ½ lemon. Pulse until finely ground, resembling breadcrumbs. Add to the bowl with the onion-carrot mixture. Mix together until it is all combined.
- Using a small scoop or a tablespoon, portion out all the turkey mixture. Roll into smooth balls and place on the parchment lined baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and cook at 375° for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned.
- To serve for a party, place in a bowl and garnish with more minced fresh dill. Serve with toothpicks.