Note: this recipe contains soy.
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp Spectrum shortening
Mint Mousse Filling:
- 1 12 oz. package Silken SOFT Tofu (brought to room temperature)
- 1 10 oz. bag Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- 1/4 C brown rice syrup
- 1/2 tsp mint flavor or natural extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To make the crust, process cookies in a food processor until crumb size.
- Add the next three ingredients (cocoa powder, tapioca flour and xanthan gum)and pulse in to combine.
- Gradually add vanilla and shortening (in approx. 1/2 tablespoons) and pulse until mixture is crumbled (small pea size).
- Press mixture into a 9″ pie shell. Be sure to smooth it up the sides.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- For the yummy mint-chocolate mouse filling, blend tofu until smooth using a hand mixer, blender, or food processor. Set aside.
- Microwave chocolate chips for 2 minutes, stirring after one minute. Continue heating in 30-second intervals until chocolate is melted. Be careful not overheat. Stir until smooth.
- Add brown rice syrup to the melted chocolate. Mix until combined. Chocolate should “seize” and pull away from the sides of the bowl, almost forming a ball.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the tofu. Beat until smooth and creamy. Then, mix in mint flavor/extract natural.
- Add filling to cooled chocolate crust. Chill refrigerator until set (at least 5 hours)
Yield: 8 servings