Makes 10 – 12 Nutters
- 2 bananas
- 3 T. sunflower seed butter
- 1 C. Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- 1 T. Spectrum Shortening or olive oil
- extra chocolate chips for decorating
- Cut the bananas into 1-inch slices and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread the top of each banana with a little of the sunflower seed butter and press two slices, sunflower seed butter side facing in, together.
- Set back on the parchment and continue with remaining banana slices. Freeze at least one hour or overnight.
- Place the chocolate chips and the shortening or olive oil in a small bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stick the toothpick into the top of the banana, try to get it in about ¼”, and dunk into the chocolate using a spoon to cover all parts of the banana sandwich.
- Set back on the parchment paper and finish with a little sprinkle of the chocolate chips. Place back in the freezer until ready to eat!