Makes 20-24 cookies
- 1 1/3 C. gluten free flour blend
- 1 t. guar gum
- 1/3 C. quinoa flakes
- 1 t. baking soda
- ¾ t. salt
- 1 c. sunflower seed spread
- ½ c. allergy-friendly shortening
- 1 C. packed brown sugar
- 1 t. flax meal + 3 T. warm water
- 1 t. vanilla extract
Football Lace Frosting
- ½ C. Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- ½ t. flavorless oil
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two sheet trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together the gluten free flour, guar gym, quinoa flakes, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer whip together the sunflower seed spread and allergy-friendly shortening. Mix a minute or two until a little fluffy.
- Add the brown sugar, the flax meal-water mixture and the vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Sprinkle in the flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons worth of dough and shape into a small football. Place on the parchment and gently press to flatten slightly. Continue with remaining dough.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes until cooked through. Cool.
- For the football laces melt together the Mini Chips and the oil until smooth either over a water bath on the stove or in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Remove from heat and cool 10-15 minutes.
- Turn cookies upside down for frosting, they’re easier to frost on the flat side!
- Pour into a piping bag fit with a narrow tip or into an uncut resealable plastic bag. If using the plastic bag twist to close off the top to form just a small pocket where the chocolate is. Then snip a tiny bit off one of the tips, hold upside down when you aren’t piping the laces and then turn the correct way to for the football laces.
- Pop in the fridge for 20 minutes to set and then enjoy!