Makes 10-12 mini fritters
- 2 T. tapioca starch
- 1/8 t. baking powder
- ¼ c. finely ground Enjoy Life Foods Sea Salt Plentils®
- ¼ C. sorghum or rice flour
- 1 t. chia or flax meal
- ½ t. curry
- ¼ t. turmeric
- ½ t. cumin
- 1 t. fine salt
- ½ can chickpeas, rinsed and roughly chopped
- ¼ onion, finely diced (about ½ c. minced)
- ½ C. packed and pressed dry frozen spinach
- ¼ C. minced cilantro
- Whisk dry ingredients (tapioca, baking powder, Plentils, flour, chia/flax, curry, turmeric, cumin, salt) together in a medium bowl. Add ½ C. water and whisk until the mixture is moist, not runny.
- Add the wet ingredients (chickpeas, onion, spinach, cilantro) to the mixture and mix together with a fork until blended.
- Heat a large nonstick pan and add a splash of olive oil. Take a large spoonful of the mixture and form it into a thin patty, place in the pan. Continue with the remaining mixture and cook a few minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Serve with salsa, mango chutney or your favorite sauce.