Chocolate Sea Salt Quinoa Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 flax egg (1 T. ground flax seeds + 3 T. water)
- 1/2 C. dates (soaked in water)
- 1/2 C. sunflower butter
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1 t. baking powder
- Combine flax egg, dates, sunflower butter, vanilla, quinoa flakes, and baking powder in a food processor and pulse until mixture becomes a paste.
- Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking pan and divide into 1 T.-sized cookies. Use the palm of your hand to roll and flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, microwave Dark Chocolate Morsels for 3 minutes (or melt chocolate in a double boiler over the stove top). Stir to make to sure chocolate is tempered and silky.
- Spoon melted chocolate on top of cookies.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour and serve.