Chocolate Pumpkin Silk Tart
Makes 1 tart
- 1 1/2 T. ground flax seed
- 3 T. water
- 3 T. maple syrup
- 2 t. sunflower oil
- 1/2 t. vinegar
- 1/3 C. raw cacao powder
- 1 C. I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1 C. ground green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Pinch of Kosher salt
Garnish: Pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1/4 C. non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 T. arrowroot starch
- 2 C. pumpkin puree
- 1/4 C. maple syrup
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t. ground clove
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 C. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Begin with the crust. Combine ground flaxseed, water, maple, and oil and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cacao powder and stir until you form a paste.
- Separately, in a food processor, grind quinoa flakes, pumpkin seeds and salt until you achieve a fine meal.
- Transfer quinoa-pumpkin seed mixture to mixing bowl and combine with wet ingredients with your hand, forming a loose dough.
- Transfer dough to a parchment paper-lined springform cake pan and spread crust evenly by pressing your fingers towards the edges of pan.
- Bake crust at 350 F for 20 minutes and then cool.
- To prepare filling: combine non-dairy milk, arrowroot starch, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and vanilla on stove and bring to boil.
- In a separate bowl, microwave Dark Chocolate Morsels for 3 minutes (or soften in a double boiler on top of the stovetop).
- Stir until the chocolate is smooth and tempered.
This recipe was adapted from Vegan Richa's Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Pie recipe.
- Slowly incorporate chocolate into pumpkin mixture and whisk until smooth and silky.
- Pour chocolate-pumpkin filling onto the pre-baked pie crust and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Garnish with more pumpkin seeds.