Makes enough to frost a 2-layer cake, 24 cupcakes or 48 cookies INGREDIENTS:
- 8 T. butter-flavored shortening
- ¼ C. cocoa powder, sifted
- 4 ¼ C. powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped OR 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- rice milk to thin out frosting, about 3-4 T., room temperature
- Whip the shortening with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer. Gradually add the powdered sugar until you have a stiff mixture. (it’s ok if it’s crumbly)
- Add the scraped vanilla bean or vanilla extract and half of the rice milk.
- Mix to combine and add more of the milk until it reaches a nice, thick consistency.