Chocolate Chip Cookie Waffles
Adapted from www.KeeleyMcGuire.com
Yield is dependent on size of waffle iron. 8" round Belgian-style waffle maker yields three full-sized waffles.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first four dry ingredients - flour, flax, baking soda and baking powder. Mix together.
- Add the applesauce and water. Mix together again until a batter starts to form.
- Place cookies in a plastic zip baggie. Seal the bag, then crush the cookies until crumbled but still leaving small, bite-sized pieces.
- Add the cookies to the mixing bowl, stir again until well combined and the cookies are coated.
- Heat and grease waffle iron.
- Once heated, spread out a thin layer of the batter over your waffle iron on med-high. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!