Yield is dependent on size of waffle iron. 8″ round Belgian-style waffle maker yields three full-sized waffles.
- 1 C. of gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 2 T. of Ground Flax Meal
- 1/2 t. of baking soda
- 1/2 t. of baking powder
- 1/4 C. of unsweetened applesauce
- 3/5 C. of water
- 5-6 Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookies
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first four dry ingredients – flour, flax, baking soda and baking powder. Mix together.
- Add the applesauce and water. Mix together again until a batter starts to form.
- Place cookies in a plastic zip baggie. Seal the bag, then crush the cookies until crumbled but still leaving small, bite-sized pieces.
- Add the cookies to the mixing bowl, stir again until well combined and the cookies are coated.
- Heat and grease waffle iron.
- Once heated, spread out a thin layer of the batter over your waffle iron on med-high. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!