Chocolate Chip Cookie Biscotti
Did you know that you can use Enjoy Life Foods Muffin Mix and Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies to make biscotti? Try this awesome recipe today!
Makes about 12 biscotti
Chocolate Cookie Biscotti:
- To make the Biscotti, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the applesauce, oil, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a mixer. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the Muffin Mix and xanthan gum. Whisk to combine. Add the Muffin Mix to the applesauce mixture. Beat until combined.
- Stir in the chopped Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies, using your hands if needed. The mixture will be stiff.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet. Form into a log, about 3 inches wide, 8 inches long, and 1 inch high. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, until firm to the touch but not hard. Let cool 10 minutes, then put the log on a cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 1-inch slices. Lower the oven temperature to 300°F. Put each slice on the baking sheet, cut-side down. Bake for an additional 25 minutes, flipping each slice to the other cut side halfway. The biscotti will continue to harden as it cools. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the Drizzle, heat the Mini Chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted and smooth. Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the tops of the biscotti. Let stand until set.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days, moving leftovers to the refrigerator or freezer.