Makes about 12 biscotti
Chocolate Cookie Biscotti:
- 6 T. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend olive or grapeseed oil)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 C. Enjoy Life Foods Muffin Mix
- 1/4 t. xanthan gum
- 1 C. chopped Enjoy Life Foods Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies
- 1 oz. Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
- 1 t. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend olive or grapeseed oil)
- To make the Biscotti, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the applesauce, oil, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a mixer. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the Muffin Mix and xanthan gum. Whisk to combine. Add the Muffin Mix to the applesauce mixture. Beat until combined.
- Stir in the chopped Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies, using your hands if needed. The mixture will be stiff.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet. Form into a log, about 3 inches wide, 8 inches long, and 1 inch high. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, until firm to the touch but not hard. Let cool 10 minutes, then put the log on a cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 1-inch slices. Lower the oven temperature to 300°F. Put each slice on the baking sheet, cut-side down. Bake for an additional 25 minutes, flipping each slice to the other cut side halfway. The biscotti will continue to harden as it cools. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the Drizzle, heat the Mini Chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted and smooth. Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the tops of the biscotti. Let stand until set.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days, moving leftovers to the refrigerator or freezer.