Makes 24 Muffins
- 3/4 C. organic cane sugar
- 1/3 C. shortening
- 2 T. flaxseed meal + 6 T. hot water, mixed together
- 1 C. mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/3 C. water
- 1 T. pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 C. gluten free, all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line a 24-well muffin tin with papers or grease and set aside.
- With an electric hand mixer, combine organic cane sugar and shortening in medium bowl and mix 3-4 minutes.
- In separate bowl mix together the all-purpose flour mix, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and chocolate mini chips. Set aside.
- Combine the flaxseed/hot water mixture, the shortening/sugar mixture, the mashed bananas, water and vanilla extract and mix another 2 minutes with the hand mixer.
- Add the flour mixture and mix another 1-2 minutes with wooden spoon until incorporated.
- Evenly portion into the greased or paper lined muffin tin and bake for 16-18 minutes.