Chocolate Cake Pops
Cake on a stick: have you ever seen anything more perfect? Pair our gluten-free Double Chocolate Brownie Soft Baked Cookies with our dairy-free chocolate to make this fun to eat dessert!
Makes 8 cake pops
Optional Recipe Variation:
- Place the Double Chocolate Brownie cookies in the bowl of a small food processor. Pulse until they have turned into fine crumb and pour into a medium bowl.
- Add in the ½ C. softened vanilla frosting and mix together with the back of a fork until it is all blended. Using a small cookie scoop or a spoon, divide the dough into 8 portions. Roll into a tightly packed ball and place on a small parchment lined plate or sheet and place in the freezer overnight or at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and while tightly holding the cake ball itself, push the stick in at the base until ¾ the way through. Squeeze to tighten around the stick and place back on the plate or sheet. Continue with remaining cake pops and place plate in refrigerator.
- While the pops are relaxing in the refrigerator, add the chocolate chunks and the shortening to a glass bowl set over simmer water. Stir occasionally until melted. Remove pops from fridge. Holding each by the stick, gently roll into the chocolate covering the entire pop. Hold for a minute or so until chocolate begins to harden and then place on the plate (this prevents the pop from having a flat part, so it stays round). Continue with remaining pops.
- To arrange, place a piece of floral foam in the bottom of a container of your choice. Stick the pops into the foam and then cover the foam with sugar or salt. Try to display them before you gobble them all up!
Tie colored ribbon around the pops (red and green for Christmas, red white and blue for Independence Day, red and pink for Valentine’s Day, etc.).