Chili Cheese-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
We love the mild heat of a poblano pepper, and we love it even more when it’s stuffed with a spiced chili filling studded with our gluten-free Seed & Fruit Mix!
Makes 4-6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut top off poblano pepper. Carefully remove pith and seeds and discard. Set aside.
- Sauté the onion in a pan with 1 T. olive oil until golden. Add the ground beef to the mixture and cook; remove extra fat. Add in chili powder and mix in completely. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the salt, chili powder, minced cilantro, Beach Bash, rice and shreds. Stuff each pepper evenly with this mixture and place in a glass baking dish. Cap with the top. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and cover dish with foil. Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While baking, mix together the onion powder and the crushed Plentils.
- Remove stuffed peppers from the oven, place on plate and sprinkle with the "onion breadcrumbs."