This gluten-free main course is made even better when served with steamed rice, minced cilantro, and avocado! Plus, it uses our dairy-free Dark Chocolate Morsels. Chocolate for dinner? We approve.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 ¼ lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 T. chili powder
- ¼ t. chipotle powder
- ½ t. ground cumin
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon
- 3 garlic cloves, pushed through garlic press
- 8 OZ tomato sauce
- ½ C. gluten-free chicken broth
- 3 T. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 T. creamy sunflower seed butter
Optional Recipe Variation:
- Warm a medium sauté pan and add 1 T. olive oil. Warm another 30 seconds until the oil is hot then lay the chicken thighs in the pan. Brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side, then remove to a plate.
- Add another 1 T. olive oil and pour in the chili powder, chipotle powder, ground cumin, ground cinnamon and the pressed garlic cloves. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute, then add the tomato sauce and chicken broth. Whisk to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the dairy-free Dark Chocolate Morsels and the sunflower seed butter until mixed in then lay the chicken thighs back into the pan, nestling in the sauce, and adding any juices on the plate that have accumulated.
- Turn heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice and garnish with avocado slices and minced cilantro.
Serve with steamed rice, minced cilantro and sliced avocado!