Cherry Coffee Cake Braid
Makes two coffee cakes
Frosting Drizzle Ingredients*:
*Makes enough glaze for both coffee cakes
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 2–4 T. rice milk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
Optional Recipe Variation:
- Preheat oven to 400° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare pizza crust mix according to package instructions while also adding the ¼ C. granulated sugar and 1 t. vanilla extract. Split resulting dough into two balls and cover one lightly with plastic wrap.
- Take one ball and gently press into a small rectangle with your hands on a board lightly dusted with Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour. Use a rolling pin to continue rolling larger, into a rectangle approximately 10x6.
- Using a small knife, cut 1” strips 1/3 deep into the dough on each side, so that you end up with a solid center piece where the preserves can be spread, and strips on either side.
- Spread preserves in the solid center of the dough and then, alternating sides, cover with the strips of dough from each side starting at the top and working down towards the bottom. Using two spatulas, transfer onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush the top evenly with the 1 T. neutral oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Mix together powdered sugar, 2 T. rice milk, and vanilla extract. Add more rice milk as needed to make a glaze that can be drizzled; using a fork, evenly drizzle glaze over coffeecake, saving half for the second coffeecake.
- Repeat the rolling, cutting, filling, and baking process with the second ball of dough and drizzle with remaining glaze.
Can be assembled ahead of time, up to 1 day ahead. Complete through step 6. Cover with plastic wrap and then bake when you are ready to eat!