Makes about 16 large brookies
- For the Brownie Mixture:
- 3/4 C. cold water
- 2 T. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend oil or grapeseed oil)
- For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Mixture:
- 1/3 C. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend oil or grapeseed oil)
- 1/2 C. brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 C. granulated sugar
- 6 T. non-dairy milk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C. glutenfree, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t. xanthan gum
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- To make the brownies, combine the Brownie Mix, water and oil in a large bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing evenly. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, prepare the chocolate chip cookie mixture. Combine the oil, brown sugar, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is well-combined and emulsified.
- Combine the gluten free all-purpose flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Beat on low speed and add the flour mixture. Beat until the mixture is combined and sticks together. Stir in the Mega Chunks.
- After the brownies have baked for 10 minutes, remove from the oven. Dollop the chocolate chip cookie mixture onto the par-baked brownies, pressing down into the batter.
- Bake for an additional 28-33 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the brownies comes out clean, and the chocolate chip cookie portions are golden brown. Let cool in the pan for at least 1 hour.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and any other leftovers to the freezer.