Makes 8 Jar Muffins
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Muffin Mix
- 1/2 C. dried strawberry bits*
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 C. chopped strawberries
- 1/3 C. favorite berry jam
- Prepare muffins according to package of Enjoy Life Foods Muffin Mix.
- Fold in the dried strawberry bits and the lemon zest.
- Portion into 8-1 cup mason jars and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- While muffins are baking, mix together the chopped strawberries and the berry jam. When ready to eat muffins spoon this jam mixture equally over the top and enjoy with a spoon!
*Alternative to dried strawberry bits: quarter 1 pint of strawberries, sprinkle with 2 T. of sugar and pour onto a foil lined baking sheet. Roast at 400° for 15-20 minutes until some of the liquid has leeched out. Separate strawberries from the liquid. Use the liquid as part of the water measurement and then fold the roasted strawberries in with the lemon zest. Continue with recipe per instructions.