Here’s an allergy-friendly take on a classic comfort food dish, featuring Enjoy Life Foods gluten-free All-Purpose Flour Mix!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. hanger steak or filet mignon
- Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour Mix, for dusting
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½- ¾ pound mixed mushrooms
- 2 T. white wine
- 1/3 c. beef broth
- 1 c. béchamel*
- 2 cups cooked gluten-free noodles
- 2 T. minced parsley
- Slice the meat into 2x1 strips. Lightly dust in the All-Purpose Flour and sprinkle with the garlic powder.
- Heat a pan over medium for a minute and then add a light drizzle of oil. Brown the meat quickly and remove from pan.
- In the same pan, saute the yellow onion and mixed mushrooms for 8-10 minutes until the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add the white wine and cook for a minute
- Add the beef broth and the béchamel and cook over low heat until you have a nice sauce.
- Gently stir the meat back into the pan with the sauce and warm 2-3 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add more salt or more garlic powder as needed.
- Evenly split the noodles between four plates. Top with the stroganoff meat and mushroom sauce and sprinkle with the minced parsley.
Makes approximately 3 cups
- Melt the allergy-friendly butter in a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle in the All-Purpose Flour and whisk together for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle in 2 ½ cups of the rice milk and continue whisking over medium heat until sauce is thickened. Add more milk if you would like a thinner sauce.
- Season with salt and use right away or store in fridge for 4-5 days until ready to use.