Makes 12 muffins
- 3/4 C. finely chopped strawberries
- 1 medium banana, mashed (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 C. cold water
- 1/2 C. packed drained canned crushed pineapple, juice reserved
- 1 T. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend olive or grapeseed oil)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with liners or oil well.
- In a large bowl, combine the Muffin Mix, pineapple, strawberries, and Mini Chips, mix until everything is coated with the dry Muffin Mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the water, banana, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the Muffin Mix and banana mixture, stir.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared pan, filling each one about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until golden brown on the edges and a toothpick inserted slightly off-center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer each one to a wire rack. Brush each muffin with the reserved pineapple juice, then allow to cool completely.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, moving any others to the freezer for up to 3 months.