Enjoy this warm, gluten-free apple crumble next time you’re craving a cinnamon dessert.
- 5 large apples – peeled, cored and chunked
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp. non-dairy margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Soft Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Start by putting apples in a bowl with the lemon juice. Combine apples with the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss to coat.
- Spray 8 x 8 inch pan with a cooking spray (any canola oil spray is fine). Spread apples in the bottom of the pan.
- Place the cookies, brown sugar, margarine, vanilla and a pinch of salt in the food processor and process until well combined.
- Spread the cookie mixture over the apples and bake in a 350°F oven for 40 minutes.Can be served warm or room temp.
TIP: top with some dairy-, soy, or rice-based vanilla ice cream. Yum!