Makes 32 crackers
- 2 ¼ C. gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1 t. poppy seeds
- 1 t. xanthan gum
- 1 C. chilled dairy-free butter flavored shortening
- 1/3 C. ice water
- To prepare the cracker dough, pulse the All-Purpose Flour Mix, sugar, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, poppy seeds and xanthan gum in a food processor until the mixture is well combined.
- Next, add the chilled shortening and pulse until the mixture is slightly crumbly. With the processor still running, drizzle in the ice water just until the dough comes together.
- Remove dough from the bowl and separate into 2 balls. Pat into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F
- Lightly dust a large surface and rolling pin with the All-Purpose Flour Mix. Remove one disk from the refrigerator and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it slightly softens. Gently roll out the dough, adding more flour as needed to prevent from sticking, until it is about ¼” thick. Use a 3” round cookie cutter or ramekin to cut out 16 circles.
- Place circles on a parchment lined baking sheet and lightly brush with a neutral flavored oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 14-16 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool and keep in an airtight container for 5-7 days or freeze, well wrapped, for 2-3 months.