Tips for your Allergy-Friendly Opening Ceremonies Party
It’s officially August and time for the big event that comes around only once every 4 years – the Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! I’ve always loved watching the US gymnastics team compete every year. They are incredible! Fun fact – I met olympic stars Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman, and Jordyn Weiber when my college marching band filmed a promotional video with them!
Sporting events create the perfect opportunity to throw allergy-friendly viewing parties with friends and family! Here are a few delicious, gluten-, dairy- and nut-free snack ideas to celebrate and cheer on your favorite competitors with:
- Create gluten-free gold medals using Enjoy Life Vanilla Honey Graham or Sugar Crisp Crunchy Cookies. Everyone’s a winner with these medals!
- Create a paper torch centerpiece like this one.
- Create patriotic treats using our certified vegan Brownie Mix or Muffin Mix by using tiny flags on sticks to decorate. They can be all USA-themed, or represent the many countries taking part in the games. A search on Amazon or at your favorite party store should help you find what you need.
- Create a mini-podium to put your treats on display. These gluten-free and vegan goodies will be sure to bring home the gold!
- Have a free-from potluck! Tell guests to bring an allergy-friendly dish based on a country participating in the events. To get them started, check out some of these delicious recipes!
Garlic Hummus – This tasty vegan dip pairs perfectly with our Plentils!
Breaded Game Day Mushrooms – Wow your friends (and your tastebuds!) with these delicious bites of gluten-free goodness.
Zucchini Pizza Boats – A gluten-free twist on a party classic. Make this dish even more fun by having people decorate their own!
Double Chocolate Brownie Pops – You can never go wrong when our vegan chocolate is involved! Give these treats some extra patriotic flare with allergy-friendly sprinkles.
Cinnamon Mini Doughnuts – Chef Kendra’s scrumptious doughnut recipe is the perfect fit for a tv snack!
So Enjoy Lifers, which sports are you looking forward to seeing most in this year’s olympics? Will you be celebrating and hosting a viewing party? Share it with us by tagging @enjoylifefoods and using #eatfreely!