Adapted from www.KeeleyMcGuire.com
Having a go-to meatball recipe is a must. Make them for supper with marinara & your favorite pasta, serve them on a bun with sauce & cheese for a Meatball Sub Sandwich, or pack up the leftovers in lunch the next day with sauce for dipping.
The Margherita Pizza Plentils add all the seasoning you need and act as a binder for this recipe. They only take about 15 minutes to bake, and they’re gluten- and top 8 allergen-free.
2 cups of Margherita Pizza Plentils
1 lb. Ground Beef
2 tablespoons of Non-Dairy Milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse the Margherita Pizza Plentils until they are a breadcrumb-like consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, Plentils crumbs from the food processor, and the non-dairy milk.
- Mix by hand until well combined and begin forming 1” meatballs.
- Place a meatball inside each cavity of the mini muffin tin until mixture is gone.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip the meatballs over to cook evenly on both sides.
- Return to oven and bake another 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place meatballs on a paper towel-lined plate or tray to allow to cool and absorb any grease.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- To FREEZE for later use: Place meatballs on a lined baking sheet in a single layer and place in the freezer for 2 hours. Once frozen, divide amongst freezer bags and return to the freezer for up to 3-4 months. Reheat on the stovetop in sauces or in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
Recipe yields 24 meatballs.