Crunchy and Spicy Hot Wings
Enjoy Life Foods Plentils make the perfect crispy outside for these gluten and dairy-free hot wings. Don’t forget the celery and carrots to tame the heat!
Makes 4-6 servings
Soaking Liquid Ingredients:
- 2 lbs. mixture of wings and mini drumsticks
Plentils Crust Ingredients:
- 3 C. rice milk (or dairy-free milk of your choice)
- 2 T. lemon juice or 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. favorite gluten-free hot sauce
- 1 T. onion powder
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 t. chipotle powder
- 2 4 oz. bags Sea Salt Plentils
- 2 T. onion powder
- 2 T. garlic powder
- 2 t. chipotle powder
- 1 t. cayenne
- Mix together the 2 lbs. wings and drumsticks with all the soaking liquid ingredients. Marinate overnight.
- Crush the Plentils in a food processor. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle powder and cayenne and blend another 10-12 seconds until combined. Pour into a shallow dish.
- Line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper and set to the side. Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Remove a wing/mini drumstick from the soaking liquid, shake off excess liquid and then roll in the Plentils crust to coat. Place on the parchment sheet. Continue with remaining chicken pieces.
- Place trays in the oven and bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes until fully cooked. Enjoy with cut celery and carrots to tame the heat!