Personal pizza night made easy! This recipe features our gluten-free Pizza Crust Mix topped with maple pizza sauce and dairy-free sunflower parmesan.
Thick-Crust Personal Pizzas
Makes approximately two 8-inch pizzas
- 1/2 C. raw sunflower seeds
- 2 T. large-flaked nutritional yeast
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/8 t. garlic powder
Maple pizza sauce:
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 3 T. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend olive or grapeseed oil)
- 2 T. red wine
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- Gluten free, all-purpose flour, as needed
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Pizza Crust Mix
- 1 T. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend olive or grapeseed oil)
- 1 to 1 1/4 C. cold water
- Place a baking sheet or pizza stone on the bottom rack of your oven and preheat to 400˚F.
- Sunflower parmesan: in a food processor, combine the sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, sea salt, and garlic powder. Process until the mixture is in small crumbs.
- Maple pizza sauce: in a medium bowl, combine the tomato paste, oil, red wine, maple syrup, oregano, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Prepare Pizza Crust Mix as directed on the back of the box.
- Carefully transfer each dough to the preheated baking sheet. Bake without toppings until the top is firm and puffy, and the bottom is crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush each crust with oil. Spread with sauce, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle the sunflower parmesan. Place back in oven until the edges are crisp, about 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!