Thai Buddha Bowls (Chickpea Veggie Bowl)serves 4-5
- ¼ c. sunflower seed or watermelon seed butter, unsweetened
- 2 Tbs. Seasoned rice vinegar
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1” knob ginger, peeled and zested or ¼ tsp. powdered ginger
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and grated or ¼ tsp. granulated garlic
- A few sprigs of fresh cilantro
- Water, as needed, to thin out
- Salt, to taste
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Foods Chili Lime Lentil Chips
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 c. shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cucumber, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 2 c. mixed greens
- 1 c. bean sprouts
- 1 c. mixed herbs such as cilantro, mint and basil
- Add all the ingredients (except water and salt) for the Thai sauce into a medium bowl and whisk until smooth or whirl together in a small food processor. Add water to thin out to desired consistency. Taste for seasoning and add salt as needed. Set aside.
- Gently crush the lentil chips either in a food processor or with your hands until they are broken up but not into fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat a medium nonstick sauté pan and add a glug of oil. Add the chickpeas and the sliced green onions and sauté over medium heat for 5-6 minutes until fragrant. Add the crushed lentil chips and another little glug of oil. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Now it’s time to assemble! Pick and choose your bowl fixings from the remaining ingredients, add some of the sauteed chickpea-lentil chip mixture and top with of the Thai sauce and enjoy!