Free-from the top allergens and full of flavor, this satisfying dish is gluten-free and dairy-free comfort food at its best. And Enjoy Life Foods Garlic & Parmesan Plentils are the perfect addition!
Lemony Sweet Potato Stuffed Chicken Roulade
Makes 2 servings
- 2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large shallot, minced
- ½ C. grated sweet potato
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C. chopped baby spinach
- 1/3 C. crushed Enjoy Life Foods Garlic & Parmesan Plentils
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 T. nutritional yeast
- 1 t. flax meal or chia meal + 2 T. warm water
- Zest and juice from ½ lemon
- 2 T. minced fresh chive
- Big pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut chicken breasts ⅔ through, lengthwise (horizontally). You can also ask your butcher to do this. Open up the chicken and you should have a nice big piece. Lay it on a piece of plastic wrap and then cover the top with a large piece of plastic wrap. Using a rolling pin, gently hit the chicken until it is thin-about ½”. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a medium oven safe fry pan and add a swirl of oil. Sauté the minced shallot for 4-5 minutes, until lightly golden. Add the sweet potato and sauté another few minutes. Add 2 T. water to the pan and cook until it is evaporated.
- Add the garlic and spinach to the pan and sauté another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Scoop into a bowl and add the crushed Garlic and Parmesan Plentils, dried oregano, nutritional yeast, flax/water mix, lemon zest and juice and the minced fresh chive. Mix until evenly combined, add salt and taste for seasoning.
- Lay the pounded chicken open and flat and split the sweet potato mixture evenly between the two pieces. Spread over the breast and starting at one end, roll up the chicken breast and secure with 3 pieces of cooking twine (or toothpicks!). Sprinkle the outside with rice flour.
- Heat the frying pan over medium, add a swirl of oil and lay the filled chicken breasts in the pan. Brown on all sides and then place in the 350° oven (in the pan) for another 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Slice and enjoy!