Plentils Summer Heirloom BruschettaMakes 5-6 servings
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, about ½ pound
- ½ medium zucchini
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ C. minced fresh basil
- 2 T. olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1-4 oz bag Enjoy Life Foods Sea Salt Plentils
- Cut the tomatoes and zucchini into very small dice (about half the size of your thumbnail).
- Grate the garlic clove over a rasp/zester or push through a garlic press and add to the bowl.
- Add the fresh basil, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mix gently and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour or wrap with plastic and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to use (this will last about 1 day in the refrigerator). Taste again before serving as you may need to add additional salt.
- When ready to enjoy, place a small amount on each Plentil chip and arrange on a platter.
Optional Recipe Variation: Try to get different colors of heirloom tomatoes such as yellow, green or zebra. This makes for a beautiful bruschetta!