Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
It’s easy to enjoy life when you pass a plate of these rich chocolaty cakes, each bursting with a fresh peppermint flavor. The best part? They’re gluten-free and perfect for the vegan dessert connoisseur.
Peppermint Molten Brownie CakesMakes 4 cakes
- 1 C. Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- 2 T. shortening
- 2 T. dairy-free milk
- 1 t. peppermint oil
Molten Brownie Cake
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Brownie Mix
- 2 T. oil
- ¾ C. water
- Begin making the ganache by slowly melting the chocolate chips with the shortening, dairy-free milk and peppermint oil. You can either add these ingredients to a small bowl set over a pan of simmering water OR melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring until melted. Pour peppermint ganache into a shallow bowl and put in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to set.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out 4-1” balls from the ganache. Place these on a plate and set in the freezer. Set the rest of the ganache aside for later use.
- Lightly oil 4 ramekins (they should be about ¾ C. ramekins) and preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package. Fill each ramekin about 1/3 of the way with brownie mix then drop one of the frozen peppermint ganache balls in the center. Cover each ball in the ramekins with the remaining brownie mix.
Bake at 350° for 13-14 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!