Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Celebration CakeMakes 2x9” round cakes
- 3 C. gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ C. sugar
- ¾ t. salt
- 1 ½ t. baking powder
- 1 ½ t. baking soda
- 1 T. guar gum
- ¾ C. unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1 ½ C. warm water
- 1/3 C. flavorless oil
- 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ t. apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- ¼ C. + 2 T. applesauce
- 3 T. cocoa powder
- 8 T. allergy-friendly shortening, room temperature
- 4 ½ C. powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped or 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 T. unsweetened dairy-free milk, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Brush the bottom of 2 round 9” cake pans with oil and sprinkle with Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour Mix.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and guar gum.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, water, oil, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and applesauce.
- Combine the flour and milk mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Scoop out 1 cup of the batter and pour into a small bowl. Stir in the cocoa powder until combined.
- Divide vanilla batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Use a spoon to drop dollops of the chocolate batter on top. Create a swirl effect by dragging the tip of a knife through the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes in the pan and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to whip together the shortening and sifted powdered sugar.
- Add the scraped vanilla bean or extract and 2 T. of milk. Continue mixing until you have a thick and creamy frosting, adding more milk if necessary.
- Use about 1/3 of the frosting for the middle layer of the cake and the remaining for the outside. Use chocolate chips to decorate!