Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Mint Chocolate Sugar Cookie Squares16 medium or 25 small servings
For the crust:
- 2 boxes Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Sugar Crisp Cookies
- 1/4 C. vegan butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1/4 C. vegan butter
- 1 T. dairy-free milk
- 1 t. peppermint extract
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 2 C. confectioners’ sugar, sifted
For the topping:
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 3 T. dairy-free buttery spread
- 1/2 t. peppermint extract
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Mix the Sugar Crisp Cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Remove 1/2 cup of the cookie crumbs, set aside. Add the vegan butter and process until the crumbs stick together.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan, pressing firmly into the bottom. Place in the freezer while making the filling.
- Combine the vegan butter, dairy-free milk, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract. Beat until well-combined, adding the confectioners’ sugar little by little until mixed and fluffy.
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of the Dark Chocolate Morsels and the vegan butter. Put the remaining Dark Chocolate Morsels in a small bowl—microwave on high for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat in 10-second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in the peppermint extract. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the 1/2 cup of cookie crumbs that were set aside. Mix well. Crumble the mixture onto the lined cutting board/plate. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
CREATING THE COOKIE SQUARES
- Remove the crust from the freezer and spread the filling over the top of the prepared crust evenly. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Put the remaining chocolate mixture in the microwave. Microwave on high for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat in 10-second intervals until melted and smooth. Remove the crust/filling from the freezer. Spread the melted mixture onto the filling.
- Remove the chocolate peppermint crumb topping from the freezer. Use a sharp knife to chop coarsely. Sprinkle the mixture over the top. Let stand until firm, about 20 minutes. You can also refrigerate or freeze the pan to speed the process.
- Once firm, use the foil overhang to lift the squares from the pan and slice into portions. You can also slice and serve directly from the pan.
- Serve and enjoy! – Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and any other leftovers in the freezer.