Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Maple Bacon MuffinsMakes 10 muffins
- ½ c. maple syrup, divided
- 1 package bacon
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Muffin Mix
- 1 C. plus 2 t. water
- ¼ C. flavorless oil
- 1 C. sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the bacon on top. Brush with a good coating of maple syrup and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Crumble half the bacon and leave the remaining half to top muffins with.
- Turn the oven down to 350˚F. Line 10 cups of a muffin tin with muffin papers, set aside.
- Mix together in a bowl the muffin mix, water, flavorless oil and the crumbled bacon. Scoop evenly into the 10 lined muffin cups. Bake according to the Muffin Mix directions on the box.
- Once baked and cooled, whisk together the powdered sugar with just enough maple syrup to make a glaze and pour over the top of each muffin.
- Break the remaining bacon into smaller pieces and lay on the glaze, let rest a few minutes to set and then enjoy!