Mac and CheeseMakes 10 servings
- 8 oz. dried gluten free elbow noodles
- 2 C. béchamel sauce*
- ½ C. roasted butternut squash puree** or canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ t. turmeric powder
- ¼ t. smoky paprika
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. salt
- 3 T. nutritional yeast
- 2 C. favorite allergy-friendly cheese shreds split in half
- ½ C. crushed Enjoy Life Foods Garlic & Parmesan Lentil Chips
Béchamel Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 T. allergy-friendly butter substitute
- 4 T. gluten-free & allergy friendly all-purpose flour
- 2 ½-3 C. unsweetened, plain rice milk
- ½ t. salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cool water, set aside.
- Warm the béchamel sauce in a saucepan until heated. Stir in the roasted butternut squash puree or the pumpkin puree. Add all remaining ingredients except 1 cup of the cheese.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir the cheese sauce into the pasta and pour into a greased oven-safe baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese shreds and cover with foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pasta is heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the crushed Lentil Chips over the top for a crunchy crust!
Béchamel Sauce Instructions
- Melt the allergy-friendly butter in a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle in the flour and whisk together for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle in 2 ½ cups of the rice milk and continue whisking over medium heat until sauce is thickened.
**to roast a butternut squash cut the top stem end off then cut through the middle of the squash lengthwise. Drizzle cut side with olive oil and place cut side down on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast at 400 for 30 minutes until very soft. Scoop out seeds and discard. Scoop out the remaining flesh of the squash into a food processor and pulse until smooth.