Brighten up your next chicken entrée with a gluten-free sauce made from Enjoy Life’s All-Purpose Flour Mix. Our Baking Mixes are made from ancient grains like quinoa, teff and buckwheat, and contain shelf-stable probiotics to keep you feeling your best. Dinner is served!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ C. + 1 T. gluten free, all-purpose flour
- ½ C chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- ½ C. white wine
- ½ C. unsweetened dairy-free milk or chicken broth
- 1 T. allergy-friendly margarine
- 1 sliced lemon
- allergy-friendly oil, for sautéing
- capers, microgreens or minced chives for garnish
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 6 flat chicken cutlets (you can also ask your butcher to do this for you!).
- Pour the ½ C. All-Purpose Flour Mix into a shallow dish and coat both sides of the chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add a good dollop of oil. Add the chicken breasts to heated pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are golden brown. Transfer to a plate while you make the sauce.
- In the same pan, add more oil and the shallots. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and sauté an additional minute.
- Add the lemon zest, juice, and the white wine. Stir up any bits that stuck to the bottom of the pan and simmer until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Add the dairy-free milk and simmer.
- With a fork mix together the allergy-friendly margarine and the All-Purpose Flour Mix. Whisk into the pan sauce to help thicken.
- Add the sliced lemons and chicken back into the pan, turning with tongs to coat both sides of the chicken. Cook another few minutes to warm through. Serve and enjoy!